Op de Beeck & Worth guides you through the process of choosing the right policy.
As one of the Costa del Sol’s most established insurance brokers, Op de Beeck & Worth has long-standing relationships with Europe’s leading marine insurance providers, which means the team can arrange tailor-made policies for virtually any marine vessel.
To help you find the right type of marine cover, we’ve put together a guide to explain the process, the purpose of the insurance and the type of cover you should expect.
What is the purpose of your yacht insurance?
All marine insurance policies are different, which is why it is crucial to be clear as to the purpose of your insurance. Your decision should not be made solely on the cost alone, but also on the benefits provided.
The two main reasons for taking out the appropriate yacht insurance are:
- Protect your Yacht against damage or loss.
- Protect yourself against third-party liability should either an injury or damage to a third party be caused by your yacht
Third Party Liability Insurance is obligatory for any yacht cruising in Spanish water, so make sure your Policy provides the required limit and level of cover.
What benefits should my yacht insurance policy include?
The level of cover is one of the deciding factors when choosing the right policy, however it is important that you take your time to understand the benefits, and more importantly the limitations. Op de Beeck & Worth’s specialist team can talk you through these and explain the implications of any small print and exclusions.
- How is the value of the vessel assessed in the event of a total loss?
- Are any auxiliary vessels covered under the main Policy?
- Is rescue and / or towing assistance included?
- Does the policy cover the cruising areas where you intend to sail your vessel?
- Is cover for personal effects provided?
Why buy from Op de Beeck & Worth?
Working with our network of leading marine insurance providers, allows Op de Beeck & Worth access to the widest range of policies offering:
- All risks cover
- Simple plain language wording
- Personal accident
- Medical expenses
- No claims discount
- € 1,000,000 liability limit as standard (high upon request)
- Cover for vessels valued up to € 50.000.000 (and above if required)
- Extended coverage to include any desired cruising areas
Our professional and friendly claims service is backed up by specialist surveyors, adjusters and lawyers, who will work to sort out your claims and get you back sailing as soon as possible.
If you would like further information about yacht or marine insurance policies, please contact Op de Beeck & Worth at email@example.com or call 952 88 22 73 and we’ll be happy to help you.